ARCHOS Unveils Affordable Unlocked Android 3G+ Smartphone Line
ARCHOS leverages years of Android tablet expertise to launch a smartphone range starting at $99
New Platinum range will allow end-users to experience full access to the Android ecosystem, IPS screens, Quad-core CPUs and 8 Megapixel cameras in a sleek design
Denver, CO – April 18th, 2013 - ARCHOS, a pioneer in AndroidTM devices, is pleased to announce its first line of GoogleTM certified smartphones. Each smartphone will feature a super slim design, IPS screen with amazing viewing angles, a powerful Qualcomm CPU and the flexibility of dual SIM cards which allow the user to manage two providers simultaneously.
The ARCHOS 35 Carbon ($99.99), ARCHOS 50 Platinum ($219.99) and ARCHOS 53 Platinum ($249.99) will be the first in a new line of smartphones to be released and will be available starting in Europe at the end of May 2013.
"The smartphone market is shifting, as SIM-free sales versus subsidized sales are increasing, and ARCHOS is prepared to respond, as we can offer retail channels affordable, unlocked and feature-rich smartphones without the need to subsidize," says Loïc Poirier, CEO of ARCHOS. "Furthermore smartphones and tablets are interrelated markets that have quickly crossed over with the arrival of "phablets" - half-phone, half-tablet devices. It only makes sense that this should be our next phase of products as this would be a natural fit for our brand and long term growth."
Ranging from 3.5" to 5.3" in size, the first three smartphones to be released in Q2 will include a range of features, connectivity, CPU's and storage. The flagship device, the ARCHOS 50 Platinum, features a stunning 5.0 inch full black IPS display paired with a quad-core CPU at 1.2GHz and 8 M Pixels camera. End-users will have an experience similar to a Samsung Galaxy S3 for half the price.
In addition, all smartphones in this new line will include:
* Pure un-skinned Android OS
* Google Certification for access to Google PlayTM and Google Mobile Services including Google NowTM
* Dual SIM flexibility to manage two providers simultaneously from one phone
* An IPS Screen with amazing viewing angles
* Full Black Screen Process
* ARCHOS Media Centre Apps for music and videos
* Cloud-Based Contacts and Storage
* Front and Back Cameras for capturing the perfect picture
For full Smartphone technical specifications please visit:
For more information about ARCHOS products visit www.ARCHOS.com.
35 Carbon, 50 Platinum, 53 Platinum: Archos Smartphones kommen
- "Kapture The Moment": Samsung zeigt neue Kamera am 29. April (2 days ago - 0 Kommentare)
- Powered by Android: Logo wird Pflicht (18 days ago - 2 Kommentare)
- Mobilfunkunternehmen listet HTC One M8 Mini (18 days ago - 0 Kommentare)
- Hands-On: HTC One (M8) (UPDATE: mehr Bilder) (22 days ago - 1 Kommentar)
- Project Tango: Googles 3D-Smartphone fliegt zur ISS (25 days ago - 0 Kommentare)