LG Display Announces Investment in New 8th Generation OLED TV Panel Line
Seoul, Korea (February 18, 2013) – LG Display [NYSE: LPL, KRX: 034220], a leading innovator of display technology, announced today that it has decided to invest KRW 706 billion in a new 8th generation OLED TV panel manufacturing line (2,200㎜×2,500㎜), to be installed at its P9 plant in Paju, South Korea.
The company plans to begin investment in the line, which will focus on WRGB OLED evaporation process, in the first quarter of 2013, with mass production scheduled for the first half of 2014 at a monthly capacity of 26,000 input sheets.
Leadership in OLED Technology
With introduction of the world's first 55-inch OLED TV in January 2013, LG Display has demonstrated its position as a pioneer of the OLED TV era. The company moves a step ahead in the emerging OLED TV market through new investments with a strategy of providing differentiated value to customers.
Additionally, LG Display's adoption of WRGB OLED technology addresses limitations inherent with large-sized OLED, such as productivity and lifespan issues.
According to forecasts by research firm DisplaySearch, the OLED TV market will experience dramatic growth starting in 2014 to become a USD 3 billion market by 2015.
LG investiert 490 Mio. Euro in OLED HDTV-Fertigung
- LG bringt gewölbten 55-Zoll-OLED-Fernsehr ab Juni auf den Markt (25 days ago - 0 Kommentare)
- Samsung und LG wollen UHDTV noch dieses Jahr nach Südkorea bringen (Today - 1 Kommentar)
- LG zeigt flexiblen, unkaputtbaren OLED-Screen, Smartphone-Einsatz noch dieses Jahr (Video) (2 days ago - 0 Kommentare)
- Bauen Google und LG das nächste Nexus-Phone? (21 days ago - 0 Kommentare)
- Eyes-On mit Sonys 4K OLED-Displays (Video) (45 days ago - 2 Kommentare)