Samsung introduces S Health application for GALAXY S III
Track and understand health readings with ease
London, UK - July 2, 2012 - Samsung Electronics, today announced the availability of S Health, a personal wellness application for the Samsung Galaxy S III.
Initially demonstrated at the Galaxy S III Unpacked launch event in May, S Health collects health data to help maintain a healthier lifestyle. The application is compatible with a number of healthcare sensors such as blood glucose meters, blood pressure monitors and body composition scales. The app enables the sensors to transfer a wide variety of health measurements automatically to the Galaxy S III via Bluetooth or USB, communicating information on the user's health.
Simon Stanford, Vice President, Telecommunications and Networks, Samsung UK and Ireland said: "S Health can provide real benefits in terms of tracking and monitoring health and wellness for our customers. We're delighted to bring this innovative application to the Galaxy S III's portfolio of diverse content and applications to suit different needs."
S Health collects health data and creates graphs or tables for the results to provide a full picture of health information in a digestible, easy-to-understand format. S Health also has the ability to track and chart health readings over prolonged periods, which is of benefit for users who need to monitor their conditions regularly. Data can also be entered manually for diet, exercise, medication intake, and other pertinent health criteria.
Being able to share personal success stories can aid motivation in accomplishing set health goals. To help users share their achievements, S Health integrates social networks into the app and enables health updates and messages to be posted online via Twitter.
S Health is available for download in the UK through Samsung's More Services pre-loaded application on the Galaxy SIII.
S Health is compatible with the following health readers/sensors:
- Lifescan Blood Glucose Meter (OneTouch UltraMini/UltraEasy Blood Glucose Meter in the US) (for connection via USB)
- OMRON Blood Pressure Monitor (HEM-7081-IT) and Body Composition (HBF-206-IT) (for connection via Bluetooth)
- A&D Blood Pressure Monitor (UA-767PBT-C) and Body Composition (UA-321PBT-C) (for connection via Bluetooth)
Samsung S Health: Galaxy S III wird zum persönlichen Hademar Bankhofer
- Samsung patentiert Earphone: Headset mit HUD-Display (5 days ago - 5 Kommentare)
- Aller guten Dinge sind drei: Auch Samsung setzt auf Android Wear (3 days ago - 0 Kommentare)
- "Kapture The Moment": Samsung zeigt neue Kamera am 29. April (6 days ago - 0 Kommentare)
- Bloß kein Fitbit-artiges Desaster: Razer verschiebt Start des smarten Armbands Nabu (8 days ago - 1 Kommentar)
- Schmutzige Tablet-Wäsche: Samsung soll bei Verkaufszahlen kreativ übertrieben haben (9 days ago - 0 Kommentare)